At Pivot Point, we believe that wellness is defined as our ability to make conscious choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. Based on our research with every day women leaders and women in business, we have summarized our findings for women looking for ideas for their own personal wellness plans.
After copious research, and dozens of workshops with women leaders focused on their personal wellness, we believe that there are three key areas to improving your personal wellness plan, and it all starts with your purpose. First, start with:
1) Knowing your why (and saying no to things not aligned with your why)
2) Then, giving to others through compassion (giving to give)
3) Followed by, prioritizing sleep (yes, sleep)
Let’s start with your WHY by asking yourself these questions…
- What are the tasks/goals that get you most excited?
- What are the tasks/goals that you are doing on your very best days?
- What are the tasks/goals that people continuously praise you for?
- What are the tasks/goals that you seem to be most effective at?
- Who are the people that are most important to you in your life?
You may be asking, what does this have to do with wellness? I have found in my work with women, that our choices must be aligned with our personal wellness. We cannot be happy if we are busy trying to make everyone else happy around us.